Sunday, February 8, 2009

First day back, after the suspension

Okay, so it wasn't that bad,
I just had to shut myself up... a lot.

But, I am still thinking about it and the reasons I am not happy are the same now, as they ever were.

My manager is hiring people outside our store, to work at levels higher than the people who work in the store. This makes sense from a management perspective. Vetting in people to do a job is a very sure way to get it done.

But it disenfranchises the people in the store who work hard to get to the next level, and are run out of the position because of a more qualified candidate.

Personally, I'd rather someone who works hard to learn a job, than someone who knows the job, being brought in to do it for more money.

It's really hard to move up I've noticed, and I really have to put on a face to be able to move up within the store.

I'll do it for now, but they've put me in a position where, if opportunity knocks, I'm gone.

No comments: