Wednesday, July 2, 2008

No work on Wednesday

I never work on Wednesday I have availability for it, but I never seem to be in the schedule.

weird.

I have a friend who applied at my store, and I wanted to help him get hired, so I told Shelinda, (one of the cooler managers) about him, and she said "Our store is losing money, and we ain't got hours as is, so Ray (the store manager's first name) don't wanna do any hiring."

So I guess I'll have to pray for a quitter.

They aren't all that uncommon,

people quit because they feel demeaned or like the work is below them, which, it is I guess.
It is one of the most necessary things on earth, and one of the most stressful, but people crack, because customers complain.

I was walking to aisle 5 yesterday, and one of the other cashiers asks me to check a price for them, and as I am doing so the customer comes up and starts on it was in the wrong place, and i get the other price, or get it free... blah blah blah... ( do people honestly think that because they didn't read the goddamned sign it is free) and she gets to the register all mad and demands reimbursement.

We cant do that.

Its the same as being on an airplane, and because you didnt get the seat you wanted you get a comp seat.

it doesn't happen, and if it did our store would hemorrhage even more money.

And besides I control little more than a scale and a conveyor belt.

Sorry this one is a little angry

No comments: