Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Samples

So today I had an idea, probably a good idea, I suggested, that my little store, that is hemorrhaging money, could try to hold seminars to raise sales. We could do things like, show the customers how to pick fresh produce, or sample olives.

I suggested it to Sarah the assistant customer service manager and she said she would talk about it to Mr. Gritweld the store manager.

I don't think she actually will.

Its not her fault, she is timid, and he is gruff and unchanging, I think that is how you have to be to survive as a manager at a store.
It's not like the job is impossible, but in order to make money, the customers have to be treated like god, conversely, in order to survive years of complaints and miserable employees and customers, you have to not care. Its like having to hold a smile for the rest of your life.
Eventually thats all there is and changing anything is out of the question.

No comments: